Sunday, October 4, 2009

An Insightful Day

Yesterday I went with my dad to Ogden to watch one of my childhood friends play football for Montana State. One of my dads friends from college had relocated to the Ogden area and was now a big Weber State booster. The seats this friend had got us for the game were located in the luxury boxes! It was quite impressive. As the game went on all kinds of people came to visit this friend and we were introduced. People such as the Weber State mens head basketball coach and former Aggie assitant coach, Randy Rahe, the Weber State Athletic Director, the owner of several Wingate Hotels, and even Frank Layden, former coach and executive for the Utah Jazz!

After reflecting on the day, it became apparent on how true the topics of the previous blogs were: "It's not what you know, its who you know," and "It's not who you know, it's who they know." These were important people who I had met all through this single connection. It also became very apparent how important having a good elevator pitch would be. If I was in the market this would have been a great place to find a job since it is one of my goals to do accounting for the sports industry! I would only have a few minutes to get to sell myself to these people. Overall it was a very insightful expierence and I look forward to going to another game when I can really "sell" myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment